Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Birthday Wishlist




Another year passes by,
another leap higher I wish I could fly;
I wonder what I gained,
How any hearts I bloomed, how many I stained.

I went through happiness and grief,
I lost people and relations beyond my belief;
I wish I smiled more,
I wish I was content to the core.
I still wish I danced like I was four,
Wish I could drink with my girls by the shore.

Some time back on day this,
I would flutter in my birthday bliss.
Would demand gifts from my daddy dear,
my list had goodies like the huge teddy bear.

I would remind the world to wish me on time,
missing my birthday was a dangerous crime.
A dress new, shoes and bag would make me complete,
dinner with family would be the best treat.

Wine and chocolates, cakes and a dress,
my wishlist was endless.
Now I wonder what is wanted by me,
my wishes are locked in a box without key.

My wants can no longer be bought by paper,
these are the wishes, money can't cater.

A mug of black coffee in solitude,
my lost persona and attitude.
A glass of wine and favorite show on TV,
with my sister, chattering with giggles and glee.
A long walk on the beach,
to get lost from the world's reach.

This is all I wish on this day,
like a daisy in the winds I sway.
Contentment find me and forever stay.
Santa! are you listening to what I say?
Your Christmas child is hanging her socks by the sill,
for you to come and her wishlist fill.

Please spur the magic fast,
and my wish be granted and happiness forever last.

No comments:

Post a Comment